Honestly NO, Spring House Cleaning is NOT necessary, BUT…..you will enjoy your home much more if you clean it well every spring. Here are a list of the items you might want to think about cleaning or hiring someone to clean for you. These items are over and above your regular maintenance cleaning you do yourself or pay to have it done.
- Windows (in and out) and window sills – You will be amazed how much more light will stream through clean windows to light up your home when your windows are clean. We need all the light we can get here in the NW.
- Clean out the inside of the refrigerator- pull out and clean under if movable and vacuum coils if reachable
- Clean light fixtures, chandeliers etc.
- Clean or change filters (e.g. furnace, air filters, water filters)
- Polish silver, brass and other metals
- Clean and treat leather furniture
- Vacuum/dust mini blinds or if they are too greasy to dust, hire a blind cleaning company
- Clean reorganize drawers/cabinets/chests and donate items no longer needed
- Wash doors, knobs and light switches
- Launder or send curtains to the dry cleaners
- Clean or replace mats located at entries
- Reseal grout lines in tubs/showers if necessary
- Wash floor registers and other vent covers
- Clean and organize the pantry – check labels for expiry date
- Clean oven inside and pull out and clean underneath if movable
- Vacuum furniture removing cushions to vacuum underneath
There are many cleaning tasks that can be added to this list, but they normally get done on a regular basis either by you the homeowner or by a paid service like Maid in the Northwest. If you would like help with getting these spring cleaning items scheduled, give us a call at 1-877-MAIDS911, and we can help you.
It is pretty obvious that all these cleaning items will not get done in one day. So make a schedule for yourself of the cleaning tasks you want to accomplish yourself, and which cleaning task you will schedule a service to do. And then when all are accomplished sit back and enjoy your clean home.
For a list of the items Maid in the Northwest can clean for you go here.